IRLANDA MARTINEZ, Research Assistant
Affordable Housing, Economic Development, Compliance Monitoring
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT WORK
I am passionate about building bridges between residents and cities. I believe in creative collaboration and transparency as a means to create thriving communities, and strive to seek out development and growth that is collaborative, sustainable and equitable.
Irlanda brings experience from her non-profit research work to RSG. Her passion for community engagement makes her a unique addition to the team. She focuses on making information accessible to people of all backgrounds through research and analysis. A research assistant with the firm, Irlanda is involved in a number of Affordable Housing and Economic Development projects.
Irlanda’s educational background, combined with substantial experience in research, community organizing, and advocacy contribute to her strong analytical and unique insight. Irlanda has worked extensively on issues related to community development, ranging from tenant rights, affordable housing, and economic development in the City of Santa Ana. Furthermore, Irlanda is a fluent Spanish speaker and has ample experience with written and spoken translation for the City of Cerritos, Fullerton College, and numerous non-profits.
Irlanda joined RSG in 2017. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics with a minor in Labor Studies from the University of California Santa Barbara and has been involved in research with the University of California, Harvard University, and the University of Madison, Wisconsin.
- Conducted research and assisted in the analysis for a Residential Parking District Study for the City of Bellflower.
- Conducted compliance monitoring, file auditing, and inspections for affordable housing developments in multiple cities including Moreno Valley, Brea, and Murrieta.
- Assisted in the analysis for a Development Fiscal and Economic Impact Analysis for The Concord Group.
- Assisted in the completion of a Site and Neighborhood Standards Analysis for the City of Fontana
OUT & ABOUT
- San Diego Housing Federation
- California Association for Local Economic Development
- Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California
- Housing California