JULIA COGAN, Analyst
AccountFiscal Planning/Development, Fiscal Health, and Economic Development
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT WORK
I like the challenge of helping local governments and communities find creative, effective solutions for the variety of challenges they face. It is great to work directly with clients and community members, and I strive to seek out development and growth that is collaborative, sustainable and equitable.
Julia brings experience from her work in public sector finance to RSG, adding meaningful knowledge and energy to her projects. An analyst with the firm, Julia is currently working on a municipal services study for the Malaga County Water District, which, in coordination with the Fresno County LAFCO, is seeking ways to improve services and efficiencies for its residents.
Julia’s background includes policy and budget development for the New Mexico Legislature, an experience that instilled in her a high regard for detail, and a drive to reach a meaningful end result on every project. More importantly, Julia’s policy work has made her keen on solutions that are financially feasible and responsible.
Julia holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Government from New Mexico State University in Las Cruces, NM.
- Assisted in the analysis for and development of a fiscal model for budget development and revenue projection for the City of Irwindale.
- Assisted with data analysis and the development of the resulting annual reports for several municipal entities with mandatory reporting requirements.
- Collaborated on the authorship of policies and procedures manuals for Orange County’s public servants.
OUT & ABOUT
- San Diego Housing Federation
- California Association for Local Economic Development
- Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California