NATE GUNDERMAN, Associate
Affordable Housing, Brownfields, Real Estate, Economic Development
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT WORK
I look to bridge the gap between the public and private sectors needs and wants in order to ensure the goals of all parties are reached, while maintaining the integrity of the community.
For more than 11 years, Nate has been involved with the development, lease-up, acquisition, and disposition of commercial and residential real estate throughout California and the Southwest. He draws on his analytical prowess and industry connections to allow his clients the wherewithal to make informed decisions. Nate provides systematic market studies, detailed financial underwriting, and feasibility analysis for all asset types, including affordable housing projects. His real estate experience overlaps into an understanding of economic development opportunities and the leveraging of a community’s current assets into a sustainable future.
Nate joined RSG in 2015. He received a BS in Urban Planning with a Minor in Geography, as well as a Master of Real Estate Development from Arizona State University.
- Performed market assessments, property valuations and feasibility analysis for the potential acquisitions, dispositions and redevelopment of public and private assets, including: affordable housing, market rate housing, retail, office, hotel, and industrial development.
- In conjunction with a brokerage team, successfully valued, marketed and sold more than $400 million of retail shopping centers in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah.
- Strategized on economic development opportunities within city boundaries for the purpose of realizing underutilized real estate assets fiscal and social potential.
- Proficient in implementing affordable housing legislation, regulation, underwriting, and financing.
- Experienced in managing remediation activities on contaminated in-fill sites between developers and regulatory agencies.
- Actively collaborating with government officials, local business leaders and community groups for the creation and implementation of a comprehensive Economic Development Strategic Plan.
- Developed an extensive GIS database for the use of market segmentation through the collaboration of private and public information.
- Successfully disposed of various LRPMP properties throughout California, including; industrial, office, parking lots, and land for purpose of redevelopment and reinvestment in the City economy.
OUT & ABOUT
- CalBRE Broker License #019334174
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- CALED’s Brownfield & Land Revitalization Committee (BLRC)
- Association of California Cities Orange County (ACCOC)
- Orange County Business Council (OCBC)
- San Diego Housing Federation