SUZY KIM, Senior Associate
Affordable Housing, Relocation, Municipal Finance, Successor Agency Consulting
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT WORK
I value the close relationships I develop with clients while creating solutions driven by a genuine interest in improving our communities.
Suzy has over ten years of experience working in the community development field. While RSG is the cornerstone of her career, she previously worked in the non-profit and public sectors. Suzy’s expertise is as broad as the field itself; she regularly works on projects involving affordable housing, relocation, municipal finance, and strategic planning. She is a talented project manager who prides herself on diligently producing quality work for clients, while ensuring teams are on task and responsive to client needs. She challenges herself to improve and evolve as a consultant and is constantly learning from the diverse range of projects we have the privilege of working on at RSG.
Suzy joined RSG in 2006. She received a dual BA in Sociology and Asian American Studies from Scripps College, and a Master of Urban and Regional Planning from the University of California, Irvine.
- Managed the relocation of over 20 residential, commercial, and industrial tenants in the cities of Lake Forest, San Carlos, and San Pablo. Interviewed tenants, drafted relocation plans, assisted tenants with finding new units, and processed relocation claims. Currently managing the relocation of a 160-unit property for an affordable housing developer, involving permanent and temporary relocation and on-site moves.
- Provides fiscal consulting services to the cities of Oroville, Parlier, Porterville, and Ridgecrest. Managed the preparation of Fiscal Consultant’s Reports for tax allocation refunding bonds. Provides ongoing Continuing Disclosure and Dissemination Agent services. Financial analyses are informed by expert knowledge of how taxes are distributed for successor agencies.
- Prepares strategies to spend affordable housing funds based on community needs and legal requirements. Drafts annual reports tracking compliance with affordable housing production and expenditure mandates for the cities of Avalon, Lake Forest, Murrieta, Oroville, Parlier, Pleasant Hill, and San Carlos.
- Regularly assists over ten successor agencies in California with redevelopment dissolution activities. Prepares ROPS, administrative budgets, cash flow projections, and property disposition documents. Responds to inquiries from State and County offices, taxing agencies, and other third parties.
OUT & ABOUT
- San Francisco Planning & Urban Research
- California Community Economic Development Association
- Association of California Cities Orange County (ACCOC)
- Orange County Business Council
- California Association for Local Economic Development
- Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California